Ramblings of a middle-aged mom, granola girl/triathelete wanna be.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Loaded question

I marvel at the status updates that come through Facebook and the all encompassing "what are doing " question on Twitter. The questions are simple on the surface but far too often I find myself musing over my responses. It shouldn't be that hard. I suspect it has something to do with the running list of items I work on simulataneoulsy while darting back in forth between kids, laundry, husband, dogs, homework, reading, and my next task list. It's exhausting so I am thankful for Sunday afternoons at mom's with nothing much to do but watch movies, drink coffee, talk about everyone else who's not in the room (a Tillis tradition) and stress over the lack of cookies in the house. I treasure my time with my mom, though she doesn't know it. A nap on her couch makes the world seem right again and I'll take that any time over a quick answer to a Facebook status update.

No comments: