Ramblings of a middle-aged mom, granola girl/triathelete wanna be.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The long journey back

I've recently committed myself to BOOT CAMP for the next four months. It will involve great discipline with hopefully a return to a former way of living for me. Almost twenty years ago I moved to Branson, Missouri and began a grueling schedule of two shows a day, 7 days a week working alongside my Dad. I didn't have much time for anything but I did jog - boy, did I jog. I have quite literally run all over Branson.. golf courses, woods, tracks, the college, anywhere I could run. (imagine Forrest Gump running here) At the end of that first year my weight was 149 and I was in the best shape of my life. I kept a running journal every day and enjoyed making daily entries. If I traveled out of town I made time to run. My favorite jog was a run through Key West at 5 am in the morning while there on a scuba diving trip. I loved seeing the town all by myself in the early morning hours. I don't know if I want to run again...my knees are not as strong as they were but I do want to move again and enjoy the things of my childhood. It's the transformation I seek, the sheer joy of setting a goal and accomplishing it. It is the long journey back and I am on my way!

2 comments:

Ruth Kastberg said...

You go girl! I was wondering what "boot camp" was all about. So what are you doing? Love you, Ruth

Anonymous said...

Motivating!