Ramblings of a middle-aged mom, granola girl/triathelete wanna be.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Legacy of Laughter

One of my last great Aunt's passed away this week...Aunt Virginia. (now that's a southern name) My aunt was visiting this week and she shared the legacy of laughter that the entire family, all nine children on my grandmother's side, had. Apparently they kept the church pew shaking each Sunday with their laughter during the service. There were eight sisters and one brother in the Rogers family. My Aunt told me that if one started laughing during the service, in time the entire clan would crack up and slowly but surely each pew row thereafter would catch the bug and before you knew it the whole church would be giggling at their antics. I imagine they had quite a reputation at the First Baptist Church of Dover. I'll think of Aunt Virginia the next time I laugh at church and I am grateful for her legacy of laughter. I know heaven is richer today with the Rogers sisters laughing up a storm.

No comments: