Ramblings of a middle-aged mom, granola girl/triathelete wanna be.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life is a Bowl of Cherries



I was reminded of my blessings yesterday while picking cherries with my parents. They have been divorced 30 years now but still have a strong bond. It's amazing really they can still pick cherries together after years of struggling while Dad pursued his career on the road and mom kept the home fires burning, raising five children by herself. So I marvel at grace and all that it represents amidst the cherry trees. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Is_Just_a_Bowl_of_Cherries

3 comments:

marlyce said...

I'd like to introduce you to my "bowl" of cherries. He is my son-in-law. He married my daughter two years ago and is 38 years old. On their wedding day, he came to me and asked if he could call me mom. I had no sons and was so honored. His parents were killed when he was 18 years old by a drunk driver. He had been to see his grandparents and was met at the airport gate by officials telling him of this tragic accident. He calls me every Friday and gives me Kevie luv. He shares his week, his ideas, and always wants to hear about me as well. He is respectful, caring, makes me laugh and is such a good husband to my daughter. Our entire family has been soooo blessed with this respectful and loving "son."
Marlyce

cindar7@aol.com said...

It's easy to see Life as a Bowl of Cherries when we count our blessings every day.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading both your Father's Day blog and "Life is a Bowl of Cherries". Those were beautiful cherries! I just had cherries for lunch ... but I'm sure they would have been sweeter had I picked them with my parents. :) -Suzanne